Minerals, a deluxe field guide and mini-encyclopedia for amateur geologists,
rock collectors, and nature lovers.
- 500 full-color photographs plus 300 drawings of crystals
- The author's color-key identification method, plus the fold-out guide:
The crystal systems at a glance
- Fundamentals of mineralogy clearly presented
- Minerals, crystals, gemstones -- appearances, properties, how they originated
and where they occur in nature
- Where to find minerals in nature, where to buy them, how to assemble your
- Mineral-collecting tools and methods.
This Barron's guide is a new kind of book for identifying minerals, one that even beginners can use to make quick, sure identifications. The simple, easy-to-understand profiles are supplemented by sketches of crystals made by the author especially for this book and based on the most up-to-date crystallographic data. It is a field guide to mineral deposits, categorized by streak color and degree of hardness for fast, easy identification. Paperback / 237 Pages / 5-3/4 x 8-1/2 / 1994